If an iButton tag is lost, needs replacing, or reallocating to a new driver, you will need to remove and update the old iButton tag number assigned to the driver.
To do this, you will need an iButton Configuration Kit to read and allocate the new tag number.
Updating and Reallocating an iButton Tag:
To update or reallocate an iButton tag, please follow the steps below:
- Plug your iButton Configuration Kit into your computer.
- From your Argus Dashboard, head to Settings > Users & Drivers
- Find the driver whose iButton Tag number needs replacing/reallocating and click the Edit icon in the left-hand column.
- Scroll down and click on the Driver ID Tag box.
- Delete the old iButton Tag number and ensure that the cursor remains in the box.
- Place the new iButton Tag onto the round metal part of the Configuration Kit to automatically upload it into the Driver ID Tag box.
- When done, click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page.
Please note: To transfer an iButton Tag from one user to another, you must first remove the tag number from the current user's profile to reallocate it to the new user.