Before you get started, if you are using Argus Tracking's iButton Driver ID hardware in your vehicles, you will need an iButton tag for each driver and the configuration kit (both supplied by Argus).
Setting Up and Allocating a New iButton Tag:
To set up a new iButton tag, please follow the steps below:
- Plug your iButton configuration kit into your computer.
- From your Argus dashboard, head to Settings > Users & Drivers
- Find the driver you wish to assign the new tag to and click the Edit icon in the left-hand column.
- Scroll down and click on the Driver ID Tag box so that the cursor is in the box.
- Place the iButton tag onto the round metal of the configuration kit. You will hear a beep sound, and then the driver page will close when the tag has been set up and saved.
Please note: To transfer a Driver ID Tag number from one existing user to another, you must remove the tag number from the current user to reallocate it to the new user.